Mary is our A Cappella choir musical director.
Mary is a dedicated lover of singing, people and barbershop music who wants to inspire people to sing and improve what they have to offer beyond their wildest expectations.
She was learning and studying music from a young age, playing flute, recorder, and oboe, and active in choirs and Bristol Gang Show right into her late 20s when her children arrived on the scene.
Mary loves singing, blog writing about singing and directing choirs.
She returned back to singing following as the children got older and discovered barbershop and A Cappella music by chance when she saw a poster in the local playgroup. Quite quickly, she threw herself into it with gusto and is now known on the national and international scene in both chorus and quartet circles. She ran her own Zest Community Choir business before Covid and makes learning tracks for choirs. She runs a singing blog website called The Curious Singer, which is full of singing tips and advice.
As her full-time job- she has her own Website Design and Digital Marketing Company called My Type of People. This is where she indulges her other passions for marketing, web design, branding, video and content creation, blog writing and social media.
In 2021 Mary ran the London Marathon for the first time and continues to run avidly So she will be found pacing the streets daily in a pair of worn-out trainers when not singing or working for several miles!
- Open Mixed Quartet Silver Medallist IABS 2017 singing Lead in Dave And The Divas.
- DayDream Quartet Semi-Finalists at LABBS 2017, and she sang baritone.
- Two chorus Golds at BABS & IABS 2017 for EQ
- Planet 24 Mixed A Cappella
- Assistant Director Black Sheep Harmony and Baritone Section Leader 2013-2017
- UK Harmony Brigade/Extreme Quartets, Third Placed quartet 2017 in Pink Flamingo.
- Directed the International UKHB chorus in their shows with singers from the USA and UK.
- Participated in European Harmony Brigade in Berlin.
- Ran her community choir company “Zest Choirs” and particularly enjoyed the Tone Deaf Choir.
She also enjoys an occasional glass of good wine, a late afterglow at the pub, designing posters and images, owls and laughing loudly.